Dominic Battaglia and the “dreamy eyes” | The Divas Pen

fec-mark-salling-21 La Famiglia will be a longer book than the others. Jesus help me. I’m just on chapter three and I’ve already written/rewritten 30,000 words. No lie. Most sexy ebooks on the market are 30,000 words 40 to 50 pages for you read. So yes it will be long. But writing long stories isn’t just so I can throw everything on page. The main reason why you find my books are longer and longer (Bad Habits 747 pages) is because of character building. And La Famiglia goes in deep on the Battaglia family. We learn all the things that make the Battaglia family strong and weak. It’s one of the reasons why I had to pull La Sposa out and publish it first. But I digress.

Who I’d like to discuss is my bad boy but actually a good guy: Dominic Esposita Battaglia. He’s the conscious of the family. Yes, us I know, what he did to Franco was inexcusable. But there were mitigating circumstances! LOL! Not many readers have asked about where Domi comes from. Most will be intrigued to discover the real reason he and Giovanni are bonded so closely, and why the relationship with Catalina is viewed as blasphemous. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on that nugget.

What I wanted to discuss in todays Battaglia blog post (because I think throughout the writing of this book I will be giving one) is the physical characteristics of my tortured anti-hero “Dominic”. In every book mention, note scribbled on my whiteboard in my office, and spreadsheet charting character descriptions and motivations, I refer to Dominic’s eyes as dreamy, half-cast, soulful. And yes I truly mean it. Dominic is made up of several male muses I use. But most of them have these eyes. Sexy, intense, magentizing eyes that follow me into my sleep.

391111_538182362898996_822347814_n From scene to scene I’m on the hunt for those eyes. Sometimes I can stare into them and really channel the direction of the character. Crazy I know but true. Last night I stayed up surfing the internet for hours to find the “dreamy eyes” to help me with a scene. LOL! I only got 2K words written but they are definite keepers. Got me to thinking. When you read your favorite books do you channel the image of the character? Who is your favorite bad boy and who did you cast in the role during your read?

Funny note: Why are Lorenzo eyes blue? We know that Giovanni has blue eyes because of his Irish / Sicilian mix blood. Lorenzo is 100% Sicilian. So he thinks???? Hmmm…

1239868_710089485674573_388835778_nAlso wanted to share a picture of little Eve… Isn’t she cute!This kids is going to grow up to be a heartbreaker for sure!

Sienna

10 comments to “Dominic Battaglia and the “dreamy eyes””

1. Linda B
    · September 25th, 2013 at 2:05 am · Link

My favorite bad boy actually I have two, A young Robert DeNiro as Giovanni and a young Al Pacino as Dominic (he’s a quiet thinker, always watching like Giovanni) I haven’t placed Lorenzo with a bay boy yet (He’s kind of a psychopath). Little Eve looks like a doll.

2. Profile photo of brinagal
    brinagal
    · September 25th, 2013 at 3:33 am · Link

Little ”Eve” is adorable! But, no way would G let her wear lipstick! LOLOLOL

3. S Lynn
    · September 25th, 2013 at 5:36 am · Link

This guy is real good looking! Yeah , he could be Domi. My favorite bad boy of course is Giovanni. I picture him in the form of Henry Cavill. He is really handsome and sexy!

4. Andrea D.
    · September 25th, 2013 at 10:03 am · Link

Yyyyaaaaasssss. You know I like my books of biblical lengths. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the long read. I love it. I think that Gio is possibly Dominic’s step father, as far as his bad deed towards Franco wasn’t all that bad, considering. I think that Dominic is so sweet, I just adore him and liken him to Eve- she’s a sweetie too. But get back to writing.

5. D.Anderson
    · September 26th, 2013 at 10:30 pm · Link

Please don’t change your writing I love the way you go in to details in the sex scenes. I feel like you are right there to.

6. Sonya N.
    · September 27th, 2013 at 2:46 am · Link

Both of those guys are gorgeous. Either would be a great domi muse. Even though I get impatient with the longer story, I love them. The details make you as if you are there with the family. Keep writing, ready to see how this plays out. That little cutie is going to have goo eating out of her little hands.

7. Dannette Hyatt
    · September 27th, 2013 at 3:21 am · Link

Ms. Mynx, your books are awesome, I feel like I’m there with all the characters, Giovanni is my favorite guy, where is his pic!! SNIFFLES!!!

8. GAB
    · September 27th, 2013 at 7:11 pm · Link

You are killing me! I love the series, you gave birth to it so take however long you need to with it (I read the other posts). If someone has a problem with it keep it movin’. I was just introduced to your work this year and I can patiently wait. Thank you for letting us into your creations!

9. ummSitta
    · October 4th, 2015 at 5:33 am · Link

Yes I often try to imagine the men. I think of Gio as an alpha so Henry Cavill, sooo hot and masculine. I want one! My favorite bad boy is Lorenzo. I always love the crazy guy. Like Joe Pesci in his gangster, of Don Cheadle in Devil in a Blue Dress.

I like the pic of Domi, either, yes this is perfect. Sicilian men look like. Glad to know Im not the only one to google pics 😉 The pic of Evie, is awesome, beautiful!!!
    I hope we get to read about the kids as adults, they will be heartbreakers for sure.

Love the longer book length. This is the first fiction of this length I have ever read, no lie, you have me hooked!!

10. LanaO
    · October 6th, 2015 at 3:32 am · Link

Okay Ms Mynx, I’ve read the entire series including Rallenti and I read Destino and Ti Amo twice because I’m hooked on this series! Is book 6 coming out this year? By the way, I read all these books in less than 2 months. Once I read Destino and Ti Amo, I bought the remaining books so I wouldn’t have to wait.