Destino – Battaglia a Work In Progress | The Divas Pen

Destino is the first book in the Battaglia Mafia Series. My vision for this story is a tad bit simpler than the one I have for the other eight novels. It will center on the why’s, what’s, and how Don Giovanni and his American Bella were destined to be. Not sure if I can call this series of books anything more than a soap saga. It is no surprise to my readers that I write dramatic, erotic fiction. And though many novelist aspire to tell stories that follow one specific genre, I love crossing all boundaries.

Destino has been a bit of a struggle for me in the recent weeks. My focus has been all over the map. Unfortunately we authors are influenced by any and everything and if there isn’t harmony in your life, there won’t be any in your writing. I guess this is why I stepped back from this project and finished Sour Grapes, renamed it into Love Afer War, and decided to release the book this summer. Now I’m diving back in and I’m only fifty percent of the way through the first book. I have a tight schedule. It’s do or die. I need all three books completed by September to deal with the extensive editing process. I’m hopeful I can do it.

Many have asked for the synopsis of the stories. I plan to work on each and develop story pages for the three books. Destino is set in the late 1980’s. A fashion designer travels to Italy for the launch of her line. Fresh from a breakup and free of entanglements from her previous investor she is excited and a bit overwhelmed by the change. It’s shortly after her arrival she draws the attention of a powerful man in the underworld. Not just because of her beauty. No. She unknowingly purchases a lease for a building to start her fashion house that is in the middle of a turf war. When they do meet, neither are aware of the events that would unfold that would bind them together. The book is full of passion, violence, drama, and heartache. It’s a book you will reflect on as you delve into the series always. The characters and their actions shape a world that compels me to write, and I do hope you enjoy it.

In two weeks, a unedited excerpt will be posted for you ladies new to the Battaglia Series. Stay tuned!

9 comments to “Destino – Battaglia a Work In Progress”

1. allymarie
    · July 6th, 2012 at 12:47 am · Link

Hi Seinna! I know it’s tough getting all that writing done especially with deadlines hanging over your head.I just want you to know I appreciate all you do in getting your books out to us readers.I can’t wait for Battaglia to come out.I love mob romance sagas so bring it on.

2. Profile photo of gunnysgirl
    gunnysgirl
    · July 6th, 2012 at 5:49 am · Link

I’m jumping up and down like a little kid! I soooo cannot wait for Battaglia! I’ll try to find a way to hold on until winter, but it will be worth it! Here’s to you, Sienna! May everything turn out fantastico! And here’s to Battaglia! Can’t wait to have all 9 books in my freakin pocket! Yay!

3. dlastqueen
    · July 9th, 2012 at 6:33 am · Link

Girl…girl…girl!!! I’m so GEEKED about this series!! I’m sure that you will get the job done and I KNOW that this series will sell out. Thank you in advance for writing such a great love story.

4. Profile photo of brinagal
    brinagal
    · July 9th, 2012 at 6:27 pm · Link

Hey girly! I’m excited for your coming out party for this series. You have Winter 2012 listed under each of the covers on this page. Don’t you mean Winter 2013? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love it if it is sooner! LOL!

5. Jasmine
    · July 12th, 2012 at 4:46 pm · Link

I’m so excited for this series!

6. T
    · August 5th, 2012 at 5:24 pm · Link

I am so excited about the Battaglia series. When I first read this story I became addicted. I can barely wait to discover the story again. You rock!!!

7. Profile photo of
    cajunbeauty
    · August 29th, 2012 at 1:55 am · Link

Can’t wait for the Battaglia series!!!

8. Tkay
    · November 25th, 2012 at 5:04 pm · Link

I just finished Destino. All I can say is Brilliant. I rushed to read the next book in the series only to find it is not out yet. That’s okay. So worth the wait 🙂

9. FaninCT
    · December 26th, 2012 at 3:52 am · Link

WOW…just wow. I have to say that I am absolutely IN LOVE with Giovanni! What I love about this book is that it is not overly erotic, but it certainly gives you that feel. The way that Giovanni first looked at Heroine is described perfectly with the “smirk”, like “you’re all mine and you dont know it yet”!! LOVE IT!
    The drama in the story is the best, too! It’s perfect for this novel and I am truly looking forward to reading book 3!