It’s Your Groove Thing – I got my Mojo back! | The Divas Pen

Show ’em how you doing it now!

The writing block of dome is over!! Finally. For the past six torturous weeks I’ve had the unbearable constipated mental block that kept my writing from flowing. For those of you that don’t know my compulsive tendencies when it comes to writing you’d dismiss my plight as a simple passing thing. A passing thing that fed every fear I’ve had regarding my ability to create. For the past four years, daily, nightly, weekly, I’ve written with such fluidity that my catalogue of unpublished works even surprises me. Sure I’ve published two out of 120 fictional works, but that’s not the point.

What is the point you ask? I would say it’s the act of expression that sustain me. Its the rush of of adrenaline I get when I’ve tangled a reader or myself into a plot that comes from me. Turn it off, let the well run dry, and I’m just functioning.

I was even asked once by a friend if my routine of daily writing and online posting would stunt me, dry me out of my creative juices. I brushed it off with a laugh. Though the seed was planted. Along with my writers fatigue came doubt and unreasonable fear. Had I peaked? Was it just some burst of creativity that my professional and constantly changing personal life couldn’t sustain?

I’d say a little of both. But I’m no victim, I sure as hell won’t let myself off the hook of something as important as my writing is to me. So I took action:

* Each day I opened my laptop even if I couldn’t type single line.
* I tried several new authors that were completely out of my genre (maybe not completely I am intrigued by Vamps lately).
* I focused my energy toward the release of my next novel and started a plan to promote it.
* I decided to take back up my pass time of people watching, be it mall walking or lingering in a coffee shop, people and their strange mixings inspire me.

All in all I decided to ride it out. For weeks this went on until one morning (best time to write for me is between wake and sleep) I thought of a funny thing a character said. I wrote circles around that premise, and it drew me back into the lingering developments that were left unexplored. It wasn’t until I’d typed 7000 words that I realized…..

I’M BACK!!!!

And it couldn’t have happened at a better time…..

11 comments to “It’s Your Groove Thing – I got my Mojo back!”

1. Profile photo of
    madame z
    · May 23rd, 2010 at 8:12 pm · Link

YES!!!!!!!! So glad you are back. And thank you for this post. You are so witty and truly a great writer. So glad for you on your book release. I love how you always have a plan; how you are always doing something (be it writing or something that affects your writing). You are inspiring. And people-watching? I should do more of that, too! Anyhoo, glad you have your mojo again and I can’t wait to read more of your work! 🙂

2. Profile photo of
    Divisionred
    · May 25th, 2010 at 1:55 pm · Link

Welcome back, I am so glad that you got your mojo back. Take Care

3. madame z
    · May 25th, 2010 at 7:22 pm · Link

Hey! …. after you finish these fics you have going now; how about a revisit Aiden and Pete? 😀 I’m having Paul Walker withdrawals 😛

4. Happychick168
    · May 26th, 2010 at 8:24 pm · Link

Hey Diva!

So glad you got your groove back! Can’t wait for you to get back to your stories. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles to find out what happens next in “Telephone Love.”

Still trying to wait until June 1 for Aaren! So glad you’re back!!! Everyone’s been dying for some REAL writing.

5. Cali2mt406
    · May 27th, 2010 at 4:49 am · Link

You sure did. The last update of Bad Habits was proof of that. Going to get Aaren cant wait to read it!! Keep doing your thing your and awesome story teller.

Pam

6. Profile photo of
    vmck
    · May 27th, 2010 at 5:21 am · Link

Mojo is a good thing and I’m glad yours is back!!!!

7. Dela
    · May 28th, 2010 at 4:46 am · Link

Yah! Im so glad its back, cant wait to read Aaren….hey maybe even re visit some of your wonderful characters i.e. Jayla & Alec, Mel & Tia just to name a few…wink wink 🙂

8. neneburge
    · May 31st, 2010 at 4:30 am · Link

Lawd knows I have missed your mojo lol lol lol !! I need stories and updates ..my jones is out of control!! rotfl!!

9. neneburge
    · June 3rd, 2010 at 1:15 am · Link

Ok Mojo lady..what about some new stories to fall in love with and some updts!! 🙂

10. LilHelper
    · June 3rd, 2010 at 5:09 pm · Link

Oh, I can’t begin to tell you how much you are missed and especially your mojo!!! We really have to keep it on a slow simmer and then turn the fire up so it can boil into a full flame 😀

M

11. Profile photo of
    BettyBoo
    · June 3rd, 2010 at 10:10 pm · Link

Hell yeah! Welcome back, that’s wonderful news!