Where did my writing mojo go? | The Divas Pen

*Sigh* I miss writing. It is truly my sanity release. For the past four years I found my center, purpose, dare I say joy by settling out of the ratrace my career has turned into and communing with my laptop.

Lately however that has been far from the case. It shows in the pitiful scribblings left on pages and incomplete manuscript I am supposed to rewrite for my third novel. Why? I’m not sure. I do have several changes and experiences to look forward too. One in particular is my next book release (which I’m beginning to dread but that’s another story) set to be in my fans hands on May 15th. The other is musical chairs that has become my job and the growing free time on the horizon. So I should be pumping out the stories right? I even have my own site to create and post whatever the hell I want. *Sigh*

Stress may be a factor, lack of inspiration another. All in all whatever it is I’m growing disappointed in my ability to focus on what is important. If my life is lackluster professionally and personally then here is where I excel. I should be able to create my release. Why I can’t I? What happened to my mojo? Damn it I think I need an deserted beach and tray of long island ice teas to become one with the Minx again. Ugh. I want to write.

7 comments to “Where did my writing mojo go?”

1. madame z hanging w/ marcel
    · April 23rd, 2010 at 1:15 am · Link

The reason you can’t ‘release’ now is because of what you’ve stated: your book releases on the 15th, your birfday! That’s a whole lot of expectation, hesitation, elevation, contemplation going on. Just relax, chica. Relax, take a deep breath. Of the free time you DO have, watch a movie; completely let yourself zone out. It’s what I do. It’s what I’m about to do now (although Marcel’s ghostly ass wants to lay back in the cut with me); I’m going to relax the rest of this evening and watch a movie about men staring at goats 😆

You will be fine. This too shall pass. Just relax, relate, release and catch up to your writing (my Brucie) when you are ready! No stress okay?! No pressure, though I’d rather Bruce be with me than Marcel. LOL. Smile lady. Be encouraged. Great things are happening for you, even as your job is lackluster and you’re at your wit’s end LOL Just shake it off, realize, as the great Badu states, that you are 20 feet tall…greater than what you think, bigger, taller, brighter, capable. 🙂 And if this doesn’t work just imagine a tree growing outta your medulla oblongata 😐 or imagine Marcel following you around…or Wentworth. Mmmmm Tasty! *hugs* Stay up, ma! (and write my Brucie) LOL

2. Cali2mt406
    · April 23rd, 2010 at 2:21 am · Link

Hang in there Minx. It sounds like you have so much going on that you are on over load. You need to take a bubble bath with a great glass of wine and some nice slow jams and just relax. Turn off the phone don’t answer the door. Just a you time, Now it make take more then once so don’t expect any miracles, when the mind is on over load its hard to relax when some much is coming at you at once.Cant wait to read Aaron. Going to purchase it as a birthday present to myself.Keep your chin up the Minx will be back in full force before you know.

Take Care***hugs**

Pam

3. noggin32
    · April 24th, 2010 at 2:15 am · Link

I agree with the two women above, the way I see it is that you can not rush genius and honestly my dear I have found that your stories have been extremely entertaining and enlightening for me and that is a stroke of genius in my opinion! So the bottom line is relax and take that breathe you are holding~

Dawn

4. neneburge
    · April 25th, 2010 at 3:02 am · Link

When something you loves becomes a struggle it is time to push back and do something else fro awhile..it will come back flowing more than ever..you need a break!!

5. LilHelper
    · April 27th, 2010 at 12:25 am · Link

Is the island looking good but can’t afford it….get a picture and stare @ it and relax your mind. or try a massage, get a mani and pedi maybe throw in a facial but just try a revitalizing you day. Don’t think of what needs to be written just close your eyes and let it flow. You are a wonderful writer so just know it will come. 😀

Michelle

6. Divisionred
    · May 2nd, 2010 at 11:18 pm · Link

Hang in there and I agree with the others…book being released. This must be so nerve ranking for you. Try to relax May 15th will be here before you know it. Good luck.

7. Romantic
    · May 12th, 2010 at 12:55 pm · Link

I think your mojo is there it is just a bit dusty. LOL Take a deep breath and say it with me JOVAN…JOVAN…JOVAN. Aahh you feel better already. LOL

Relax and all will be fine as all have said. Don’t worry we believe in you and have seen your talent. You even inspired me to write with you tales of love and adventure. So I must say thank you for that.

Good luck and God bless!! (Jovan still Rocks)

Jacqueline