Pollen Pollen Go Away! | The Divas Pen

I can’t take it! There I said it. I can’t take Spring. I know I’ve been miserable with the frigid southern winters as of late. I know I’ve complained about the cloudy skies and icy rains. I’ve suffered through three snow-blasts that ridiculously paralyzed my city. Every day checking for the damn sunshine to return. But that was before alien’s took over my immune system and made me deathly allergic to spring!

I’ve lived in Georgia for over fifteen years. When did this happen? Is it age? I’m not sure. But a night out with friends Saturday has left me crippled with clogged sinuses, red, itchy, watery eyes and excruciating headaches.It’s too much! Argh!

I’m taking Clariton, thinking of moving on to Zyrtec but I wish I knew a natural remedy? Do you?

6 comments to “Pollen Pollen Go Away!”

1. Divisionred
    · April 6th, 2010 at 5:43 am · Link

I hope that you feel better soon. I think that this year a lot more people are going to be complaining about being allergic to pollen.

2. Happychick168
    · April 6th, 2010 at 1:23 pm · Link

I know exactly what you mean! I live in Washington, D.C. and after the winter we’ve had, all I want to see is sunshine and streets filled with cars, people, and anything else but snow! Now that Spring has sprung, my eyes are watering, my ears are clogged, and my throat is itching. My mother swears ginger tea or peppermint tea with honey will relieve seasonal allergies.

Here’s to hoping we all feel better soon! I, for one, can’t wait to enjoy the warm weather with a new book (hint, hint).

3. Pam
    · April 6th, 2010 at 3:40 pm · Link

I hate the Pollen also!! Growing in Cali I suffered a lot now that I am in Montana its not any better. My Doctor suggested to get a saline spray, they have natural kind that wont dry your nose out to much and also a humidifier. When my sinus are to bad I cant stand sounds, light or smells and my son knows to leave me alone if he doesnt want to get hurt. ;O) Feel better!!!

4. Profile photo of
    BettyBoo
    · April 7th, 2010 at 11:09 pm · Link

I feel with you! I’m dreading the day it hits me *shudders*
    Feel better to all of you!

5. noggin32
    · April 8th, 2010 at 1:33 am · Link

I grew up in Savannah GA and when I turned 16 I started having severe hay fever/allergy issues. It was so bad I coughed for two months non- stop literally and loss my voice for most of the spring season so I sympathize, that GA moss can be a stinker!!
    I live in Fl now and it is not any better here with the pollen but I was home a couple weeks ago and I think you may have it worse in GA!!

Fell better friend~